udisks2: "Error updating SMART data"

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:34:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 07:34 -0700, Richard Vickery wrote:
> > I wish someone would tell this to the thread I created called vmlinuz:
> > the "sadly no response" is why I created the treads vmlinuz  and one
> > other; it is the realisation that these fine people who are having the
> > problems might not get any help.
>
> a) It's not immediately obvious why the message you're replying to
> relates to those threads.
>
> b) *You* can be *that* someone who replies in the other threads, saying
> that they might want to check out these other threads (and mention the
> subject line that identifies them, or provide a web link to the
> archives, or copy and paste pertinent information), when you think that
> another thread that you know about offers useful information to the
> followers.
>
> c) If you're trying to provide assistance to a thread, it's not actually
> helpful to create a new, and separate, thread.

To "c)",  I must ask, how is a thread to get to get attention if,
seemingly, everyone ignores it, when the answer is clearly - from my point
of view - out here, yet no one will respond? My purpose in both cases was
to get a wider audience and I succeeded. I may have caused some
inconvenience between myself and the rest of this community, but I
succeeded in drawing help to those who were asking where no one would have
before.

About point "b)", I don't think that those in a thread would listened
listen to what I have to say. . . it is best if others do it. I don't
cooperate well with those who refuse to see my point of view.