F-17 SSH -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 8 14:01:01 UTC 2012

    Replaced F-16/64 with F-17/64 on "box7" and see a problem I seem to
    have every time I do this.

    Presently box7 will ssh into box9 but box9 can not get into box7,

         [root at box9 .ssh]# ssh bobg at 192.168.1.7
         ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.7 port 22: No route to host
         root or user,

         [bobg at box9 ~]$ ssh bobg at 192.168.1.7
         ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.7 port 22: No route to host

    sshd is enabled and running on both, I've tried rm'ing "known_hosts"
    and letting it regenerate, all to no avail.

    I've seen this with several generations of Fedora [and different
    equipment] and it's always the same, a few days or weeks later it
    magically begins to work! All my computers in this room connect to a
    gigabit switch, [even the switch has been replaced], and our
    wireless LAN.

    At times this is a serious inconvenience leading to typing errors, etc.

    Any ideas what I have missed?

    Bob
    .

    --