F-17 SSH -

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Wed Aug 8 14:08:46 UTC 2012

On 8/8/2012 10:05, Martin Briza wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:01:01 +0200 Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>

>>     Replaced F-16/64 with F-17/64 on "box7" and see a problem I seem to
>>     have every time I do this.
>>
>>     Presently box7 will ssh into box9 but box9 can not get into box7,
>>
>>          [root at box9 .ssh]# ssh bobg at 192.168.1.7
>>          ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.7 port 22: No route to host
>>          root or user,

> I think it's in the network configuration - does box7 really have the
> specified IP address? DHCP could have changed it.

I've had a similar problem, specifically with wirelessly-connected
machines.  I know that sshd is running on the target machines, and these
machines report the expected IP address.  Generally when this happens,
however, running something like nmap does not find the machine at all.
Once the machine shows up on the network again I can reach it remotely.

 -Don