Failed Migration to Linux

Jack Craig jack.craig.aptos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:22:03 UTC 2012

Sorry to hear of your painful experience. I wanted to offer that I Have had
great luck with the live-creator on usb thumb drives.

i can do a complete basic install w/o internet connection, but to get up to
date,
you need a live access to the internet...

I think there is a way to create the thumb drive from windows. the best
part is,
you can boot from the thumb drive for a test drive of linux w/o clobbering
your
current M$ install (although IMHO, nuking M$ is always the best policy! :)

see fedora's home page for more...

good luck, jackc...