Failed Migration to Linux

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sat Aug 11 00:57:18 UTC 2012

On 8/10/2012 10:28 AM, users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:

> On 08/10/2012 06:25 AM, Mike Flannigan wrote:
>> All this was on a brand new machine.
>>
>> I'm back to Windows 7 for now.  At least it works (sort of).
>> It sure was painful giving MS $100.
>
> Does that mean that it works as well as Windows 7 does, or that it
> doesn't work as well as it should, even when running Windows?  In the
> latter case, complain to the OEM, let them find out what's wrong with
> it, and then, when it's running Windows 7 as well as it's supposed to,
> try Linux again.

The Windows 7 is working as it is intended to work, but I
don't like the way any windows works since Win2000.  In
Win 7 the search is broke, getting to the desktop is too
hard, and dragging a folder or file to another folder is
WAY harder than it was in any other previous Windows version.
The "restore previous versions" is very nice, and I guess the
remote desktop if pretty good, but MS makes too many stupid
decisions for my liking.