Failed Migration to Linux

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 22:50:43 UTC 2012

On 8/11/2012 6:42 PM, Mike Flannigan wrote:

> On 8/11/2012 4:26 PM, users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
>> Did you try the "alternate' install disk? (I think that is the name or
>> something like that) That is the 'this one should install for
>> everyone' disk but the install is not quite as pretty.
>
> Hey, thanks for the advice. I had never heard of that until now. I do
> see than on the Fedora site:
> http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#formats I think I might
> try that. Why not? Mike

Sure. It is a thought.

First I am not, do not claim to be, a programer or a coder or a 'name
goes here' geek.

Fedora, for some reason, has a problem 'seeing' my ordinary Samsung flat
screen. And so does Ubuntu. Why? Your guess would be as good as mine.
Mageia 'sees' it at once and it configures at install.

>From what you describe - and read the 'I am not' stuff it sounds like
you have some kind of video card / monitor problem. A fact? No. A maybe.
perhaps.

A suggestion. Go for the 'this should work of anybody' disks. They
usually do.

Best of luck.
--

  David