Proposal request for ideas on naming Fedora releases.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Aug 11 23:48:34 UTC 2012

On 08/11/2012 04:16 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> No worries Joe! I feel that we can *all *contribute something to this
> great project known as Fedora, so even YOUR opinion counts!...As for
> myself....I'd like to see the names go in a more "Start Trek / Star Wars
> / Battlestar Galactica" direction myself......but hey....here's to
> hoping!...

Actually, I wouldn't think it a bad thing for a release named Bernhardt.
  Why?  Because the very first fedora was designed to be part of costume
for Sarah Bernhardt in the play Fedora in 1882 and started out strictly
as a woman's hat.  Later, of course, in the 1920s and 30s, it became
popular among politicians and gangsters.  I doubt very many people would
vote for it, but it'd be a neat thing to suggest.