Failed Migration to Linux

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Aug 12 00:32:05 UTC 2012

On 8/11/2012 4:54 PM, Edward M wrote:
> Mike Flannigan wrote:
>   curious, what type of power supply did you go with?
> the above video card requires a minimum 500w psu.

I just figured out today when filling out the rebates that
I went WAY overboard on power supply.  They snuck in a $100
power supply on me - Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze.  At least
it comes with a $25 rebate, so final cost is $75.  I just
assumed it would be about $40.

EGO II,

The computer is 1 week old.
http://www.mflan.com/temp/builtcomputer.pdf

If I understand Tom correctly, I need to wait until Fedora
goes to the 3.4 kernel.  Then I will be good.  Either that
or I need to upgrade to the GT9800 graphics card for another
$200 or so.  I may not have that right.

Mike