possible problem with scp/ssh/telnet

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Aug 12 10:53:23 UTC 2012

On 08/12/2012 06:05 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 12.08.2012 09:45, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>
>> That normally means that the port is open on the remote side (krazy being your cygwin host) but that the server is not running.
> wrong

You can't issue a blanket "wrong" and subsequently include what you've said is "wrong".

You could say, "maybe" or "may be not" and then go on to say....
> this means that service is not running or a proper firewall configuration is active
> iptables can reject with "icmp-port-unreachable" and behaves exactly like that
> however, i drop packages since a DDOS where you do not want additional
> traffic with ICMP responses......

Since the system is a windows system that the OP indicated he hasn't changed, I choose to believe him, coupled with the failure of "ssh localhost" leads me to stand by my diagnosis.