Refering to current message headers in mutt macros

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Aug 12 21:29:37 UTC 2012

Hei,

On 12.08.2012, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> I am trying to write a mutt macro where I need to refer to a header from
> the current message.  The use case is something like this:
[....]

I'm not quite shure what you want mutt to do in this case. Functions
as e.g. "limit" can match on specific content of a message-id (~i),
but I doubt you can extract the current message-id via pure mutt
functionality (please correct me if I'm wrong).

You could use a short python or perl-script to extract the message-id,
e.g. something like this

 perl -ne '/^Message-Id:\s+(.*)/; print "$1\n";'