Failed Migration to Linux

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Mon Aug 13 13:04:29 UTC 2012

On 08/10/2012 08:42 PM, Mike Flannigan wrote:

> Yeah, I just meant I could not connect on my wired
> home network.  It saw the internet and had an icon
> that said Windows Network, but it gave that error
> "unable to mount location" no matter what I did.
> It might have been as simple as changing the workgroup
> from Workgroup to MSHOME, but I couldn't get that
> done either.
>

> Mike

Well, I'm back to the party after dealing with a death in the family.
Hope I'm not to let to help.

Changing the workgroup?  Where would you change it?  In Linux, that's
all done with SAMBA.  (AFAIK, anyway, I've always used it.) Besides,
there's more to it that just the workgroup name.  It's not quite as
simple as it would be if it were two Windows boxes, but then, it's
always a little more complicated when dealing with differing OSes.