Failed Migration to Linux

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Mon Aug 13 14:53:24 UTC 2012

On 08/13/2012 10:11 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Mark Haney wrote:
>
> Mark Haney seems to have a broad definition of "working".
> For most of us, "working" means more than booting.

I don't think it's particularly broad.  I look at it this way, if
/everything/ else is doing what he wants, then it's working. Just
because it's not configured correctly isn't the same in my mind.  I
suppose you can make a case for /not working/, but to me, this isn't
something that is broken (ie NOT working).  When you buy a new car is it
working even though you need to adjust the seats and mirrors?  Or the
radio presets? Would you consider the car not working?

> For Mike Flannigan, "working" seems to mean do what I want and expect.
>
> To be fair, I expect that Mark Haney's definition
> probably isn't quite as broad as suggested.
> To me, running in a non-bug-report-worthy way would
> still not be good enough to say it's working for me.

He is running in a non-bug-report way.  SAMBA isn't configured, it's not
a bug in the SAMBA code.  I'm certainly not dissing your definition of
working, just wanted to clarify mine.