Refering to current message headers in mutt macros

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Aug 13 22:38:45 UTC 2012

On 13Aug2012 23:04, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:24:56AM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > | How do I say, run that command on the current message (or pipe it)
| > | inside the macro definition?
| >
| > Use <pipe-message> to send the message to a script which writes a mutt
| > command, and then source the resulting file.
|
| Do you mean something like this:
|
| "<pipe-message> <shell-cmd> > <tmp-file>; source <tmp-file>"

No, it looks like you're using the shell's "source" command.
I imagine you want mutt doing the sourcing, since you will be writing mutt
commands to the file. Something like:

  <pipe-message> shell-command >tempfile <enter> <enter-command>source
  tempfile<enter>

I would have "shell-command" invoke a script of your own; that way it is
easy to modify and your macro is simple.

| > Also consider joining the mutt-users list; plenty of mutters there.
| Thanks for reminding me, I will do that soon.

Not that I have any objection to extra mutt advertising here, but your
issues are mutt specific, not fedora specific...

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Anarchy may not be the best form of government, but it's better than no
government at all.