Connection Count -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Aug 19 11:36:17 UTC 2012

On 19/08/12 06:50, Heinz Diehl types:
> Bob observed a rapidly increasing connection counter on his router
> running dd-wrt. Having a look at what the QoS connection-tracker
> reports makes visible if the increased connection-rate is due to
> outgoing connections, so in fact it does contribute to getting an
> overview over what happens.
>
> If the log functionality in dd-wrt is broken, he has to put something
> with log capability in front of the router to track the incoming
> connections. Alternatively, it could be an idea to log into the
> routers console and place some netfilter/iptables-rules there
> which communicate with rsyslogd or similar on one of the local machines.

    And both machines will do that However I have only succeeded in
    saving the data to /var/log/messages. Tomato will present the logged
    data nearly formatted as a menu item, DD-WRT does not [that part
    that does not work].

    The problem with the huge number of connections is computer related,
    not the router since it occurs with either router connected.

    Viasat also tracks my usage and there is no indication of excessive
    usage in their data so I guess whatever is causing it is Dropped?

    Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9