Can't print text file

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Aug 20 19:29:29 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 11:18 AM, Jim wrote:

> Also, have you asked Samsung?
>
> I don't want to be funny Joe ,but are you kidding ?

Sorry for responding twice, but another thought occurred to me: so far,
all I've been doing is extracting[1] the information from you that's
needed to troubleshoot your printer issue, just like I did when I did
tech support for a living.  One of the possible ways to solve this is by
getting assistance from the OEM, and there's no point in our working on
it unless you've already tried that.  All we had to go on at the start
is that you couldn't get your printer to work with F17.  Everything else
we now know about the issue was revealed one tiny piece at a time in
response to questions.  If you'd told us at the beginning that your
printer worked under F15 and that after you'd migrated to F17 via fresh
install, it doesn't, even though you'd installed the proper drivers,
somebody on the list might have already told you what's needed.  As it
is, we've wasted a day here, finding this out.

One last question: when you installed the drivers and set the printer
up, were there any error messages, and if so, what were they?

[1]Rather in the sense of a dentist dealing with a bad tooth.