F17: How to always show desktop notifications?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Aug 21 07:58:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:53:11AM +0200, sguazt wrote:
> In GNOME, when you have "unread" desktop notifications come from a
> specific source (e.g., empathy, mail-notification), all new
> notifications from that source do not pop-up.
> Instead, they are stacked up in the "unread notifications" place
> (which appears as the envelope-like icon the systray area).

I don't get this "unread notifications" place. In GNOME 3, they popup
almost always. In latest versions the popup is sometimes shown with a
delay, but IIRC that's decided by gnome-shell.

Suggest just filing a bug so some developer looks at it. Ideally
whatever handles the "unread notifications" place.

FWIW, most GNOME apps just use (IIRC) persistent notifications; that's
in the specification.

--
Regards,
Olav