configure postfix to drop e-mail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 21 14:53:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 20:51 -0700, Tommy Pham wrote:
> I'd like to configure postfix to accept incoming e-mail from
> clients and drop them.

By "drop," do you mean discard them; or to accept all, then filter and
drop them into appropriate mail spools?  The term is ambiguous in your
sentence.

For what it's worth, if you are discarding mail, then it's generally
better not to accept and discard, but to refuse to accept the mail.  If
you're discovered to accept mail, chances are spammers will send it.
That could be thousands per hour.  It's also confusing for legit clients
when mail seems to work, but doesn't actually work.

I can't directly answer your question, as I'm not a postfix user, but I
think you need to clearly define your need, so someone else can give you
a good answer.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686