Magic Sysreg key problems.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 22 13:20:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 22:32 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 15:27 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Theree seems to be general agreement if you don't include the CTRL key
> > only a snapshopt is genrqated the function is not executed.
>
> Depends on your user interface...  If you're using something like Gnome,
> it's assigned its own function to ALT and PrintScreen (to screengrab the
> current active window), versus PrintScreen (by itself, to screengrab the
> whole desktop).
>
> Whereas, at a basic text-only console, it may be ignoring presses of the
> PrintScreen/SystemRequest key, and pass it along, for something else to
> deal with.
>
> The same goes for other hotkeys.  Outside of Gnome, for instance, you
> can switch between terminals simply by pressing ALT and one of the
> Function keys.  Inside Gnome, it's using those key combinations for its
> own purposes, so another key sequence is used.  Again, adding CTRL to
> it, does the job.

I did all these things in a alt-f2 console (no Gnome). And they still
did not work. I want some one to tell me they hit: cntl+alr+sysrq b and
got a reboot.

It's multiple choice time... What is FORTRAN? a: Between thre and fiv
tran. b: What two computers engage in before they interface. c:
Ridiculous.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net