Question about Preferred Applications

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 22 15:26:01 UTC 2012

On 22/08/12 10:42, Suvayu Ali responds:
> That was the objective, to bring up compose addressed according to the
> mailto link.  If you just want to view/read your emails, you can just
> change the url to"https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox".  If you
> want specific labels, you can try something like this:
> "https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#label/<name_of_label>"
>
> You can even link to specific email threads from your records/notes like
> this:
>
> "https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#all/1394076b7582f296"
>
> The above should take you to the current thread on _my_ Gmail account.
> Of course you can't view it since you can't login as me :-P.  The hash
> in the url uniquely identifies the thread in my Gmail account.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -- Suvayu

    Yes, that all works well. I signed in as bobgoodwin at wilblue.net and
    it brought up my gmail account, different i.d. and password.

    I found I could even configure gmail for white text on black which I
    prefer. Never found a way to "log out?" Not sure what I'll do with
    it but as I said earlier it's interesting and good to know.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    --
    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD