Clean install keeping home folder intact

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 22 17:36:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 22:08 +0930, Tim wrote:
> There's CentOS ...

Just following up on what I should have included.  CentOS is very
similar to Fedora (it's based on it, but quite an older version).  So,
if you don't want to learn knew tricks, it's the easier choice.

Pick another one, e.g. Ubuntu (Debian based), and you have to learn a
new way of doing things.  Useful to learn, but may be more than you want
to put up with.  You need to learn their different admin techniques,
join another mailing list or forum for advice, and to hear about its
foibles.

I opted for sticking with the devil I knew.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.