Just A Question....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:57:52 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 09:46 PM, Troy wrote:
> This could be a simple permissions issue. Have you tried logging in as
> root and using your file manager to change ownership of the files?
>

> On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 09:01:52 PM Eddie G. O'Connor Jr.
> wrote:
>> I'm trying to "open" some files that have been mysteriously "locked"
> by
>> a WD Hard Drive. It was created and formatted by Windows, but I'm
> trying
>> to use Fedora to open them, can anyone give me some pointers on
> this?
>> I've tried the partitioning this drive and nothing on this system works
>> for it. I need help badly because the files on this drive are
>> crucial....HELP!
>>

>> Gateway T6321 Laptop
>> Intel Pentium Dual CPU T-2390
>> Fedora 17
>> Kernel 3.5.2
>>

>> Thanks In Advance!!
>>

>> EGO II
OK so first off...this drive was "created" and used on a Windows XP/7
computer...which I have neither of so I can only assume they're NTFS
files. When I say they're locked, all the data is "missing" or "hidden"
by something called "WD SmartWare"...there's nothing visible on the
drive but some folders with user manuals in various languages, and three
".exe" files...the SmartWare one....another called "Virtual CD
Manager.exe"..and finally one ominously called "Unlocker.exe" I've tried
to access any and all of them to no avail....

EGO II