Clean install keeping home folder intact

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 02:46:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 22:38 -0400, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:

> Yet ANOTHER distro I'm going to have to check out!......How do people
> decide WHICH one of these things to PICK!?...I just stumbled upon
> Fedora, and since it was my first encounter....I feel "bonded" to
> it....but just knowing that there's all these OTHER distros that I can
> check out....it makes my head spin!....LoL! Gonna be a BUSY fall season
> for me!

I'm sure that others will disagree but I find that distributions can be
grouped by their packaging and update methodology. For me, rpms and yum
just make sense. In virtual boxes I have tried countless distros. I have
yet to favor any of them over Fedora.

There is one possible exception. IMHO I think that everyone should try
building a system from Gentoo. It's a fabulous learning experience (at
least it used to be) and it is very fast.