Clean install keeping home folder intact

Edward M edwardm1 at live.com
Thu Aug 23 03:35:01 UTC 2012

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> BUILDING a system?....doesn't that mean like YEARS of studying
> C+?...Perl?....and all the other programming languages out
> there?.....yipe! Now THAT sounds TOO painful!.....LoL!!!

   No, that not hard; Gentoo is my main desktop os and i run Fedora in
vrutalbox.
   The OS is a rolling distro and needs to be installed manually(
creating filesystems, installiing base files, packae manager, linux
kernel,fstab file,etc) the user configures everthing. it is time
consuming. I'm lousy at explaing stuff,  the link down below explains
the install process.

    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml