Clean install keeping home folder intact

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 23 11:44:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 22:16 -0400, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> now I'm thinking I should "switch" to CEntOS?....LoL! Nah....I'm NEVER
> leaving Fedora!...But I do have an old Dell Optiplex....running
> WIndows XP right now.....hmm.....maybe a new "face" with Ubuntu?...or
> Gentoo? (Who's update model I think sounds good!) Wish me luck!!

If you can handle such large downloads, then try all three.  It's
probably about the right number to try, without being driven around the
bend.

You can find live discs, which will boot up from a CD/DVD that you
download and burn, but don't have to install to a hard drive.  They can
be slow, and not always demonstrate a system that will work the same as
a normal installation.  But it's a start.  And most of them do allow you
to use them to install to a hard drive, as well.

If you have a big enough hard drive, you can partition and have a bash
at multi-booting, or virtual machines.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686