samba/cifs/smb issue with libreoffice.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 23 21:32:17 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 01:03 PM, gary artim wrote:
> (tom) thanks will check that out. (joe) yes I doc everything in a
> filestructure like ~/doc/product/.... will review and compare, but
> quite frustrating...any samba switches that will track a specific user
> and log...just being lazy.

My Linux experience is strictly as a home user, not professionally, but
I've always been a great believer in putting documentation of this type
directly into the config file concerned.  That way, you don't have to
stop and look up some other file to find out why you did something, or
switch from one window to another (and maybe lose your train of thought)
to make a note of what's going on.  And, of course, it's the best way to
make sure that anybody else who ever works on the box can find out
easily what you've done.  (That last, of course, is more important in a
production environment, but IMO it's still a good habit to make.)