No suspend on lid close

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Aug 24 12:38:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:00:30PM +0200, Artifex Maximus wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have Fedora 17 x86_64 installed on my Samsung N145Plus netbook.
> Sometimes when I close the lid the machine keep on running instead of
> suspend. I need to open and close the lid again to suspend. Any idea
> why? Any solution?

I've noticed the same problem on my eeepc (32-bit). I can't even find
an option in screensaver or power settings screens to enable standby
on lid close, like there was on previous versions. is there some
application that needs to be installed for that, or has it just
gone AWOL??

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us