No suspend on lid close

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Aug 24 17:24:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 08:49:26AM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 08:38 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:00:30PM +0200, Artifex Maximus wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I have Fedora 17 x86_64 installed on my Samsung N145Plus netbook.
> > > Sometimes when I close the lid the machine keep on running instead of
> > > suspend. I need to open and close the lid again to suspend. Any idea
> > > why? Any solution?
> >
> > I've noticed the same problem on my eeepc (32-bit). I can't even find
> > an option in screensaver or power settings screens to enable standby
> > on lid close, like there was on previous versions. is there some
> > application that needs to be installed for that, or has it just
> > gone AWOL??
> >

> I mam not sure what you mean by standby but gnome-tweak-tool (called
> Advanced Setting)) on the application list controls what happens when
> the lid is closed.

in my post above standby == suspend. sorry.

I don't know about the OP, but I'm running F17 with MATE. but I've
also looked in gnome desktop as well as xfce, and I can't find any
setting for that. certainly there are menus for when on AC power and
also for when on battery, but none that I've found offer suspendn as
an option. :(

ah, I see gnome tweak tool available in "add/remove software". If it
provides important functinality like configuring power management for
laptops, I'd sorta think it would be installed by default. I always
"just had it" in previous installs on this machine, so I wasn't expecting
to have to install something in addition.

Installed now. thanks for the pointer!

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding