hdmi and sound to a tv on F16

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Aug 25 16:53:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:26:26 -0500
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> I am still unable to get the sound activated through the hdmi
> interface.

Try running the sound control, they change the name every
release, but currently you can get to it via the command:

gnome-control-center sound

You can go to the Hardware tab and select a Profile from
the bottom of the tab that says HDMI output.

Tom,

I sure wish that was the problem.  I must admit that was the problem I
had on F15, but I made sure I had the output set to hdmi on F16.  I am
just not getting any sound to the hdmi on the TV.  I know the hdmi works
on the TV because my wife's MS PC communicates with it.

Thanks much for your willingness to help, any other ideas ???

Greg