Openvpn: how to start at login?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Aug 25 21:07:39 UTC 2012

On 08/25/2012 11:55 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
> But that's essentially what I do.
> I can see if vpn is active.
> If it isn't I run the script.
> (I do run KDE, incidentally.)

I don't get from what you said if your process is a manual or automatic process.  Which?

I may have misunderstood....but your openvpn at client.service brings up a tunnel, right?  I've never tried getting the client side to create a tunnel on login.  Is it safe to say that the tunnel is created on system boot?