Openvpn: how to start at login?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Aug 25 21:45:07 UTC 2012

Jack Craig wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a script
>> ---------------------------------
>> #! /bin/sh
>> sudo systemctl restart openvpn at client.service
>> ---------------------------------
>> which I run (under Fedora-17) if vpn is not connected when I logon
>> (normally after hibernating).
>>
>> I'm wondering if there is a "systemctl enable" or similar command
>> which will do this more simply?

> Have you looked at NetworkManager?

I use NM for WiFi on laptops, but I don't run it on servers.
I don't really want to involve NM in OpenVPN;
I don't really see what the two have to do with each other.

This is a different issue, but NM does not work perfectly for me.
It works 95% of the time, but not 100%.
OpenVPN works 100% of the time,
so for me it would be foolish to make it depend
on something that is not itself 100% dependable.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net