F16>F17: F17 can't find root by uuid - which exists!

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 21:59:01 UTC 2012

Upgrading from F16 to F17. F17 boot fails because dracut can't find the
root partition, which is listed by uuid. This is the same uuid used in
F16, and when I run blkid at the dracut prompt : there it is!

And yes, I've checked character by character.

I changed fstab to use /dev/sda2, but that doesn't help. How do I edit
grub2 to point to /dev/sda2 so at least I can boot?

And anyone know why dracut is having such a problem with uuid?

sean