Openvpn: how to start at login?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Aug 26 15:54:26 UTC 2012

Reindl Harald wrote:

>> Before systemd/systemctl came along
>> I just used to say "chkconfig openvpn on".
>> I'm just asking why I can't do the equivalent today?
>>
>> As far as I know, one can "systemctl enable" every other service.
>
> how often do we start this discussion
> how did yu enable DIFFERENT openvpn-connections before systemd?

I only had (and have) one openvpn service, so the issue didn't arise.

I assume anyone running more than one openvpn service
(a tiny minority, I imagine)
would realise they had to take steps to deal with this.

> why do you no simply create ION file to do what you like?

Because I didn't know what an ION file was until you gave an example.)

Basically, I don't like to change the default system
more than is absolutely necessary,
as I have little confidence in my ability to understand the implications.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net