Natural Selection.....

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 03:20:25 UTC 2012

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:

> Ok so after scouring this site called "DistroWatch".....which has a
> MILLION different versions of Linux I've decided to go with:
>
> PeppermintOS  - laptop
>
> Ubuntu LTS -      desktop
>
> Fedora               laptop
>
> Linux Mint         desktop
>
> PC-BSD             desktop
>
> Will have to figure out which one will be a server...a storage
> machine....etc.

As as a user of multiple distros (see my sig) I use, CentOS for my
server boxes both physical & virtual, Fedora as my desktop, Ubuntu for
the laptop, Debian for my home web server & OS X, well, because it's OS X.

I'm also shortly to be sitting my RHCSA exam so they're all lab
orientated with the emphasis being on CentOS & Fedora but knowing all
distros (within reason) for me is going to be necessary (I have Arch &
Gentoo in VMs).

Have fun.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 6.3, Debian Squeeze, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow Leopard, Ubuntu Precise