Unable to force wodim to write a CD at 2X speed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 28 01:43:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 12:08 -0600, JD wrote:
> I suspect it is the Sony CD-R media that may be the culprit as it may
> be "coded" to support only 10X.

In which case, don't try to circumvent it.  Consider that they've listed
the speeds that are going to work, on purpose.

If you really do want slow media, such as you're burning discs for a
mastering plant to replicate, then buy media that's made for it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.