Error in update via yumex, F16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Aug 28 21:00:09 UTC 2012

> I'm not familiar with yumex, but do you get the problem for every
> operation using yumex? Or just for an update? Is there something
> equivalent to "yum clean …" to get rid of cached packages and/or metadata?

Yumex, or yum extender, is just a graphical front-end for yum.  The
earlier quoted output was the complete error message and, AFAICT it
probably referred to ncsd.  Yes, I could have done yum clean from a CLI
if needed, but I decided to see if I could get the rest of the
transaction to work before getting heavy handed because I wanted to know
if there were any other issues waiting to show up after I side-stepped
this one.