Umlaut 'ü' not displayed correctly in Firefox/Chrome

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Wed Aug 29 10:42:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm on Fedora 17, using a German locale. Since today's yum update the German
umlaut 'ü' is not displayed for some sans-serif fonts on some web pages
anymore. Interestingly enough that's purely a display issue and both Firefox
and Chrome are affected.

The yum updated updated two fonts (lohit-kannada-fonts, wqy-zenhei-fonts)
which I manually uninstalled but to no avail.

Interestingly the problem seems related to HTML headlines (<h3>, <h2>, ...)
but not regular text.

I saw the issue on multiple sites

How can I debug that issue? Anyone else with a similar problem?

fs