Disconnect

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Aug 29 17:49:32 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 10:17 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>
>> Other ideas?
>
> Here's an explanation from the author of NetworkManager on why there are
> no "pre-down" scripts.
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Interface-UP-Scripting-p22310908.html
>
> You're on your own to invent what you want.

About what I would have guessed: by the time the script gets run the
connection's already down.  Maybe what you need, Patrick, is a script
that periodically checks to see if the connection's up and if so, writes
out the data you're looking for to a file, overwriting the old data.
Have it start when your connection goes up and exit when the connection
drops.  That way, you can check it, rename it or whatever before
re-establishing connectivity.