Multi-protocol IM clients

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 17:44:32 UTC 2012

So, I've decided to jump back onto IM after a few years. My last
Linux-based IM client was AYTTM, but I'm not even sure it's still
packaged with Fedora, although I suppose I could "roll my own" so to
speak. :D I'd prefer to use a pre-packaged IM client.

I've tried Pidgin, but I'm having a problem where if I change my
status to "away" it freezes out the keyboard and won't let me type
anything until I close Pidgin and start it back up.

I currently use LXDE and KDE. Anyone got a suggestion for a good
multi-protocol IM client? I used to use Trillian on the Windows side
of things, but I try to stay away from Windows as much as possible. :D

Thanks!