How to revert to Thunderbird 14? Thunderbird 15 breaks an add-on

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 30 18:45:28 UTC 2012

On 08/30/2012 11:29 AM, Don Levey wrote:
> On 8/30/2012 11:10, Nate Pearlstein wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So thunderbird 15 breaks the Exchange 2007/2010 Calendar and Tasks
>> Provider 1.8.5 add on.  There isn't a newer version of the add-on available.
>>
> Wouldn't it be nice if the installation routine checked for add-on
> incompatibilities *before* it actually installed the new version?
>   -Don

No.  Given the choice, I'd rather have an updated/upgraded version of
Thunderbird, especially if there are important security patches, because
I can't think of an add-on that's more important than that.  Be glad
that Thunderbird does check after an update and lets you know what, if
any of your add-ons aren't compatible.