How to revert to Thunderbird 14? Thunderbird 15 breaks an add-on

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 30 19:21:21 UTC 2012

On 08/30/2012 11:56 AM, Don Levey wrote:
> Knowing that an update would invalidate an extension would in no way
> prevent you from installing the update if you chose to do so.  But not
> knowing that one's extension will no longer work until after
> installation causes some people to delay installation for longer than
> necessary, until they know for certain via external sources that there
> is an extension that will work.  I tend to prefer information.  YMMV.

Having the warnings about extensions be only an advisory, allowing you
to proceed anyway, would be better than just stopping the update because
of an extension conflict.  However, Thunderbird doesn't exactly update
itself under Linux, it depends on your distro's package management
system.  How would you expect yum (either directly or indirectly through
yumex or the system updater or what have you) to handle this situation?