How to revert to Thunderbird 14? Thunderbird 15 breaks an add-on

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 30 19:44:38 UTC 2012

On 08/30/2012 12:33 PM, Don Levey wrote:
> Given that I don't have the skills necessary, my time isn't worth much
> to the project, and based upon the tone of your response, to you either.
>   If your major interest in this question is to tell me why I'm wrong,
> STFU and go away, then please don't bother to respond further.  If
> you're interested in politely either suggesting how I might manage the
> situation or that there are technical reasons why this isn't practical,
> then I'll be happy to continue.

I had no intention of being offensive, or of insulting you.  Alas, I
seem to have done so anyway.  Please accept my apologies for this
inadvertent offense.

Actually, AIUI, what's needed isn't programming skills, it's the time
and patience to test the new Thunderbird with various add-ons active and
see if it works OK.  The term "Copious Free Time" is a fairly standard
way of reminding people of how limited that resource always is.