Euro symbol under Fedora-17/KDE

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:51:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 01:55:56PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I take it the official way to enter a euro symbol in vi/vim is AltGr+4.
> I find this works about 20% of the time.
> It usually works if it is the first character entered.
> But most of the time it does not work - I just get a "4".

I am not sure about VIm, but for most apps[1] I use a compose key.

  setxkbmap -option compose:lwin

The above allows me to enter the € symbol by typing <Left Windows>e=.
Hope this helps.

Footnotes:

[1] Actually everything except Emacs.  Emacs has many input methods of
    it's own; I prefer a TeX-like input method.

--
Suvayu