Controlling displays with HDMI output

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 01:04:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have an fc17 system with two LCD monitors and an HDMI output to my
TV using a Radeon HD5700 card. The TV is in a completely separate
room. I also have a USB cable running to that room, and have a
wireless keyboard and mouse connected, so I can control my PC from the
other room.

I have two problems I hoped someone could help me resolve.

Can I configure the displays so they all havbe the "Activities" menu
at the top, so I can access them from both rooms? Currently, it's only
displayed in the far left display, whether it's the HDMI when it's
connected, or one of the LCDs if I disconnect the HDMI. Obviously if
I'm sitting in front of the computer, I'd like to be able to access
the GNOME menus, and vice-versa when I'm in the room with the TV.

Another problem is with the display size of the HDMI. It's a little
bit larger than the actual size of the display, so a quarter of the
icons on the left side are cut off, and only the bottom quarter of the
menu at the top is actually displayed. The rest appears like it's
above the top edge of the TV.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex