fedora books

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:31:03 UTC 2012

On 12/01/2012 06:37 AM, Brian West wrote:

> Hello everyone I'd like to hear any suggestions you may have when it
> comes to a good book to learn the features of fedora.  while there are
> countless books that teach you how to use linux in the general way.
> each distribution has its own unique set of tools and features.  being
> that fedora has been known since the beginning as a distribution that
> stays on the cutting edge giving its users the latest software what book
> would you suggest to ensure i can stay educated on fedora?

You could do worse than take a look at Mark G. Sobell's 'A Practical
Guide to Fedora & Red Hat Enterprise Linux'.

As with all Mr. Sobell's books, it's extremely well written, very
readable & will impart knowledge to even the most seasoned user.

It currently ships with Fedora 15 on DVD so it's not quite cutting edge
so to speak but then again, there ain't the market for producing a
thousand page book every six months & even if there were, I think you'd
struggle to find an author willing to take the job on.

I'd imagine Sobell will tackle Fedora again in the near future once the
transition to the new filesystem & all other additions are implemented
but as to when that'll happen, you'd have to ask him (he's on Twitter).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical, OS