how-to yum remove gnome anf yum install kde?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Dec 2 20:35:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 01:25:30PM +0100, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> While a complete reinstall probably is the desired way to go, you can try
> to simply install KDE alongside Gnome:
>
> yum groupinstall "KDE Software Compilation"
>
> Logout and select KDE as your desktop environment.
>
> If you want to get rid of Gnome altogether (which I am not sure I would
> recommend), you can run;
>
> yum grouperase "GNOME Desktop Environment"
>

> Best,
>
> Christopher Svanefalk
> mob: +46762628251
> skype: csvanefalk

	I installed the "KDE spin" [never heard of "spin" before], and
	after a few hours had ssh working bi-directionally:  ssh foobar
	and from host foorbar I coulf ssh back.

	my "last bug" is that a python program fails.  It worked when I
	had gnome install, so you're right.  --Actually, on his temporary
	desktop I have parts of both KDE and Gnome.

	Is there a way of installing parts of Gnome?

	thanks!

	gary