dual boot Win 8 and Fedora 17

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:08:42 UTC 2012

On 3 December 2012 15:28, Matti Pulkkinen <matti.pulkkinen3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3.12.2012 17:17, Alexander Volovics wrote:
>>
>>     b) If you disable secure boot there is no problem except that
>>        'os-prober' does not work and I do not know if Win 8 will
>>        except this without fiddling (or in the worst case reinstall)
>
> I'm sorry, I realise that this is completely off-topic, but because I happen
> to be in the market for a laptop, I was just wondering, how does one
> actually disable secure boot? Is there a menu entry in the BIOS for it, or
> is it more complicated than that?

Don't think it's that off-topic, since a lot of us may have to deal
with it eventually to get Fedora working.

FWIW, on a BIOS / NON-UEFI system Win8 + F16 are working okay (Win8
installed after Fedora and then reinstalled grub2). You also get to
decide which is worse: Metro or Gnome shell. (Metro in my opinion, and
the reasons for that probably are completely off-topic.)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk