Disabling NetworkManager

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 4 13:46:58 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 04 December 2012, jarmo sent:
> I think, networkmanager is separate program. Can be used in KDE also.
> Both has Applet which have their behaviours with left/right mouse
> clicks.

Yes, NetworkManager is the underlying system that takes care of
automatically (*) managing the network.  And there are various separate
things that can be used for the user to interface with it.

* To emphasise the point, for those that don't seem to get it,
"automatic" means to take predetermined decisions based on provided data
(i.e. DHCP, or the lack of it).  Not magically make the network work,
even when the necessary parts of such automatic network configuration
are not present, or the user wants something contrary.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.8-2.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 27 19:35:02 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.