Disabling NetworkManager

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 4 14:46:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 12:13:37AM +1030, Tim wrote:
> > Actually, I think it's not just okay to talk about upcoming changes
> > here, but a really good idea. I apologize for just giving the Gnome
> > version and not mentioning the corresponding Fedora version, but in
> > any case I was not talking about testing Fedora or commenting on the
> > test release -- just noting what's coming up for all Gnome users.
[..]
> i.e. My comment about right-clicking on the icon to get to the
> configuration options, that seems that nobody on this list with
> NetworkManager configuration problems EVER bothers to bloody try out
> before posting messages about it not working.  And your, misleading in

Presumably that's part of the justification for removing it.

> this context, comment about there being no difference between left or
> right clicking.  Misleading, because with the current, and prior
> releases, there is an important difference.

Again, I apologize for not being explicit that I was referring to the Gnome
release in the upcoming Fedora version. The point was, and remains: that
difference is going away, so in a relatively short time that advice will
need to be updated, even though it's helpful today.