Fedora 18: unable to watch Apple Trailers

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:35:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 05:13:43PM -0500, Frank Pikelner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Installed Fedora 18 with the following additions below, but unable to watch
> trailers from Apple with either Chrome v25 or Firefox 17:
>
> sudo yum localinstall –nogpgcheck
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
>
> sudo yum localinstall –nogpgcheck
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
>
> sudo yum install gstreamer1 gstreamer1-plugins-good
> gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld gstreamer1-plugins-ugly
>
> sudo yum install vlc
>
> sudo yum install smplayer

A friend of mine ran into this yesterday, and we found out that until
some package or other is rebuilt, you probably need this:

http://koji.russianfedora.ru/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1917

I can't vouch for this package or the provider -- my buddy was
desperate and willing to live with the consequences.  As I told him, I
have no idea whether there will be a clean upgrade path from this to
whatever RPMfusion provides to deal with the issue (if they decide to
do so).