Fedora An HDMI

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 18:36:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:15:51 -0500
Jim wrote:

> I noticed that the new TV's are using HDMI and no longer VGA for Video in.
> Does the HDMI work ok in Fedora to HDTV.

Yep, I'm using HDMI to a Samsung TV now as my monitor.

The one problem can be that some TVs and/or video
drivers insist on getting audio via HDMI if they are
getting video via HDMI, so things like attempting to
use a DVI to HDMI cable can leave you with no audio
(or in some cases the open source video drivers
can do audio, but not video - but I think most
drivers have caught up these days).